Friday, November 28, 2008

Meet Rachael Connor

In December, Rachael Connor will be helping us to read through Luke's gospel together. She's answered a few questions to help us 'get to know' her a little better before we start:


How did you come to faith in Christ?

I was saved, by the grace of God, through children's ministry. This began in a family which knew God and served him. We went to a Sunday School where my teachers faithfully taught God's word and genuinely loved us with the love of Christ. I remember heeding Christ's call to follow him and submitting my life to him at a Girl's Brigade Camp when I was ten.

What do you most love about reading?

It's fun! People to meet, places to go, things to do..... And I do love a mystery. At the moment I mostly enjoy reading for the things I am not doing if I am reading (I'm not cleaning, or cooking or washing....).

What is your favourite novel?

I have no absolute favourite, but ones I have enjoyed recently are The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini; The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.

What book(s) has helped you most in growing in your knowledge of God?

I have a confession to make (and I've been dreading this question for the last seven months). I don't read theological books very well. I have begun many and finished few. So in my case, the answer is, indisputably, the Bible.

No comments: