Friday, May 15, 2015

EQUIP Shorts: Sarah Bradley, ‘True’

Call me superficial, but I first picked up True because I liked the cover. Through I noticed recently that the Good Book Company has republished it with a slightly different cover! 

It’s a great little book. Especially written for girls 10-14, it aims to help teenager girls be excited about living for Jesus in every relationship in their lives. I don’t think there’s anything like it on the market.
It’s a lovely mix of the Bible and earthy illustrations. Each chapter explores one Bible passage, and then finishes with seven practical ideas, a real-life testimony and a Bible study. 

True is a super easy read, but it deals with deep issues. You can tell that Sarah Bradley is very experienced in youth ministry as she politely gets right inside a teenage girl’s head. The material on body image, which it opens with, is insightful and grounded. I loved reading it with my daughter, as it was very easy to chat through.

True is perfect for Mums and daughters to read together, but it’s also a great gift for a niece or a friend’s daughter. It can be used in a girl’s bible study group or even youth group. 
Written primarily for Christians, it’s also very accessible for interested unbelievers.

Meet Sarah Bradley here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9SYnQkR784


No comments: