Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Classics Month: 'Life in Christ' by John Stott

About our contributor, Stephanie Toose:

I grew up in a Christian family, which is one of God’s greatest gifts to me. I can’t remember a time where I haven’t known Jesus as my Saviour and Lord.

After school I became a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL), and then went into the Ministry Training Strategy (MTS) scheme at Crossway Carlingford. It was a great time of formation in my Christian life and ministry.

I’m married to Hamish and what a joy it is! Right now we're both at the end of our 1st year of Moore College. It's been so great and also challenging to get stuck into the Bible more and more as we study it at College. Our God is so big and so wonderful, I'm excited by how much there is to learn and understand about Him and our life and faith as we walk with Him.

Apart from those things, I love going for walks, love being outside in the bush, near water, or reading books on the grass. I love cups of tea from my teapot, and of course, watching many cooking shows!

I'm glad to be getting stuck into John Stott's classic book, 'Life in Christ', and hope you are encouraged and challenged by it with me, as we read through it together.

No comments: