Sunday, February 6, 2011

Meeting Sarah Cowling

Sarah Cowling is our February contributor on EQUIP book club.
Sarah will be reviewing Just the two of us by Eleanor Margesson and Sue McGowan. It's about a special book about 'health and strength in the struggle to conceive'.


“I grew up in the lovely town of Tamworth, raised by my parents and alongside my younger brother. I first heard about Jesus at primary school Scripture, and decided to follow him in late high school, through the witness and encouragement of a close school friend.

I moved to Sydney after finishing school to complete a Speech Pathology degree. I enjoyed studying, as well as the teaching and fellowship of the university Christian group. I went on to work as a speech therapist in the respiratory and stroke units of a Sydney hospital. During my degree I had met and married my husband, Izaac, and in 2008/2009 a ministry apprenticeship saw us as part of the team at St Paul’s Carlingford, as well as returning to work with the students and staff at the Evangelical Christian Union on Cumberland Campus. My husband and I both completed our first year at Moore Theological College last year, and we will continue studying at college in 2011.

I love the fun, colour and eccentricity of living in Sydney’s inner west but also appreciate visiting our families in the country, trying new recipes, knitting and catching up with friends.”

No comments: